Tuesday, July 15, 2008

When fuel hits $10/gallon...

What's the big deal? It's already the equivalent of $8.72 per gallon in New Zealand ($2.18 per litre) and heading the same way here in Australia.


So, I couldn't resist tossing this one in: Check out the lane divisions on the new roads :)


In terms of the conversion, it's been a slow week. I've lodged my tax return but won't be getting much of a refund (and certainly not enough to buy the motor - grrrr). The window tinting has started to bubble such that it's creating a hazard so it had to go. At lunchtime I took a small stanley knife out to the carpark and liberated the back window.
The whole process was surprisingly easy - just had to take care not to nick the demister...
So when I get home I'll use ammonia and soapy water to remove the glue and have a nice shiny rear window instead of a poxy laminated cancerous x-ray film...
Almost got enough money saved to buy the pot box, that will be my tax refund present to myself.

No comments: